As a follow-up to yesterday’s article about the harm of misogyny in our culture, here’s a great one from Thought Catalogue about the pitfalls and inadequacies of gender stereotypes.
- No, men don’t always want sex all the time.
- Women can pay for dinner, clothes, cars, a home, etc.
- Men can clean a bathroom floor.
- Women definitely curse.
- Women can be pretty hilarious. They can also be pretty darn nerdy.
- Men like all types of women… and all types of men.
- Women and men dress in whatever clothes and wear whatever makeup they like because they want to.
- Men have the right to commit, or not, to any relationship type.
Now, instead of “men” or “women” what if we just put in “People”?