Rachel Hoffman, LMSW, MEd
Rachel Hoffman is a senior staff therapist at the Long Island Institute of Sex Therapy. Rachel uses an eclectic therapy style, tailoring your work to what you need. No one-size-fits-all here!
Rachel’s primary focus is treating individuals and couples who are experiencing difficulty reaching orgasm, painful sex, erectile functioning issues, symptoms of depression and anxiety, and those going through life transitions such as break-ups and divorce. She is also recognized as a leading expert on helping couples identify and resolve technology related conflict in their relationships. Look out for her new book soon!
Rachel often utilizes cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) with a strengths perspective to help individuals find confidence and improved self-esteem. She also employs sensate therapy with individuals and couples looking to improve intimacy by gaining a deeper understanding of their bodies.
Rachel is a member of both AASECT and NASW and is currently earning her PhD in Human Sexuality where she is the lead researcher for a study on the influence of technology on dating and relationships.
I just want you to know that I am coming in today to brag about how well I’m doing! ~RZ
We are so happy with how far we’ve come since we started with you. Thank you! We really couldn’t have done it without you. We have a better relationship than even before we got married. I know you say we did the work, but you gave us the tools to do it. ~TI
Read Rachel Hoffman’s New Book!
Dating and Mating in a Techno Driven World is authored by a sex therapist who regularly works with clients who are attempting to navigate the dating world or improve their relationships, this book explains how technology plays a role in creating conflict or additional anxiety and discloses techniques to help individuals gain confidence or strengthen their personal relationships.
• Suggests numerous treatment methods to help those presenting with issues related to technology
• Validates many of the breadth of emotions that accompany the experience of casual dating
• Offers clear and insightful information that will enable readers to understand why certain patterns happen to them during dating
• Presents tools and advice on how to better navigate the complicated dating world
• Provides insight into sex and tech products that can be helpful in long-distance relationships