Their requirements say that every employer in New York State is required to provide employees with sexual harassment prevention training. An employer that does not use the model training developed by the Department of Labor and Division of Human Rights must ensure that the training that they use meets or exceeds the following minimum standards. Model training materials are available to employers to download.
The training must:
- be interactive
- include an explanation of sexual harassment consistent with guidance issued by the Department of Labor in consultation with the Division of Human Rights
- include examples of conduct that would constitute unlawful sexual harassment
- include information concerning the federal and state statutory provisions concerning sexual harassment and remedies available to victims of sexual harassment
- include information concerning employees’ rights of redress and all available forums for adjudicating complaints
- include information addressing conduct by supervisors and any additional responsibilities for such supervisors
Each employee must receive training on an annual basis, starting October 9, 2018.
All employees must complete the model training or a comparable training that meets the minimum standards by Oct. 9, 2019.
You have the option of conducting the standard training online via webinar or even over the phone. If you want an in-person and customized training for your office or workplace, contact Dr. Torrisi.